(Hiring for five regions: Bucks/Montgomery; Southeastern PA Cities; Capital Region; Allegheny and Monroe/Northampton)
Full Time and Exempt
Reports to the Regional Organizing Director
WHO WE ARE
The New Pennsylvania Project (NPP) was founded in May 2021 to expand Pennsylvania’s electorate so it reflects the Commonwealth’s demographically changing population. In the next four years, NPP will engage and empower young residents and those living in underrepresented and often neglected communities of color and immigrant communities. We will register them to vote, provide education about the issues that matter in their neighborhoods, and mobilize people to vote in every election – twice a year.
POSITION – Community Engagement Associate
The New Pennsylvania Project seeks passionate, energetic, and motivated professionals that will join our ground team who are responsible for voter education and engagement to diverse communities throughout Pennsylvania. Community Engagement Associates (CEA) are one of the most critical positions , as our organization was built on direct voter contact. CEAs should be well-organized.
The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented professional who is committed to all the issues we work on from voting rights to economic and social justice, to health care and everything in between. They will understand the importance of establishing lasting relationships with voters. Because our target communities and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, applicants need to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, race, equity and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values.
- Canvassing local areas in an effort to register Pennsylvanians to vote
- Knowing and following all of Pennsylvania’s voter registration laws and adhering to those rules at all times
- Ability to engage in thoughtful and respectful conversations with voters throughout Pennsylvania
- Record and regularly sync data from the day’s shift into our database using your smartphone
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN) or ability to learn new applications (Preferred)
- Canvassing experience preferred (Preferred)
- Residency in target neighborhoods/municipalities (Preferred)
- At least 18 years old (Required)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle (Required)
- Comfortable standing/walking for extended periods of time and in different weather conditions (Required)
- Working smartphone (Required)
- Committed to voter education (Required)
- Ability to work long or irregular hours that include evenings and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (Preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong sense of urgency while remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot for effective resolution
- Required full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/ or abilities. To perform this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
- Salary range between $35K-$40K/year, paid biweekly, commensurate with experience
- Paid time off/vacation days/holidays
- 100% individual full medical and dental
- Travel reimbursement
No calls. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know in the subject line which of the five regions you are applying for.
(Bucks/Montgomery; Southeastern PA Cities; Capital Region; Allegheny and Monroe/Northampton)