Full Time – Capital Region (Dauphin-Cumberland)
Exempt – Senior Leadership
Reports to the Director of Organizing
About the New Pennsylvania Project
The New Pennsylvania Project (NPP) was founded in May 2021 to expand Pennsylvania’s electorate so it reflects the Commonwealth’s demographically changing population. In the next four years, NPP will engage and empower young residents and those living in underrepresented and often neglected communities of color and immigrant communities. We will register them to vote, provide education about the issues that matter in their neighborhoods, and mobilize people to vote in every election – twice a year.
The role: Regional Organizing Director
This position will work within an aggressive organizing and paid canvassing program. The Regional Organizing Director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing teams of volunteers, executing the statewide field plan, organizing, and supervising a volunteer operation within his/her assigned regions. Responsibilities may grow to include managing a regional team and a paid canvass operation. Regional Organizing Directors will report directly to the Director of Organizing.
Because our target communities and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, this position needs to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, race, equity and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values.
- Being a skilled manager of people
- Oversee a robust volunteer recruitment, training, and management campaign
- Work to help implement new communications and digital strategies in your region
- Build crucial relationships with leaders in assigned communities
- Managing community engagement associates (organizers) and canvassers to educate on issues and listen to community concerns
- Representing NPP at community events and meetings when advised by the organization
- Recruit, hire, train and manage canvassers, volunteers, and/or organizers
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded
- Conduct extensive coaching and development on best practices for organizing, canvassing, recruitment and retention
- Ensure all required soft reporting is accurate and timely, and that all regional data is entered on time
- In cooperation with the Director or Organizing, utilize rigorous standards for data collection and use within the NGP/VAN platform
- Monitor metrics within each assigned region including but not limited to attempts per shifts, flake rate, conversation rate, action conversion rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with designated metrics
- Grow our network of supporters and volunteers through various tactics, including one-on-one meetings, phone calls, zoom meetings and texting
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/ or abilities. To perform this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN) (Required)
- Knowledge of and ability to train deep canvass techniques (Required)
- 2 or more years working with teams of volunteers (Required)
- Access to a portable computer and internet access (Required)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle (Required)
- Ability to work long or irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual (Preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong coaching skills and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency while remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot for effective resolution
- Having a passion for community organizing and movement building
- Full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required
- Salary range between $45K-$55K/year, paid weekly, commensurate with experience
- Paid time off/vacation days/holidays
- 100% individual medical and dental
- Retirement plan after three months
- Travel reimbursement
No calls. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know on the subject line which role you are applying for.